Pageviews past week

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Stephanie's Barbie Birthday Bash! (7th birthday)

Last Saturday was Stephanie's 7th birthday. My cousin wants a party for her unica hija, but the problem is that she only have limited budget. She came to me asking for my help to plan the entire party. We first started with the party theme, since my niece love pink and Barbie. We decided to come up with a Barbie theme Party for her, inspired with barbie's 50th birthday celebration in Malibu, I decided to make it a vintage Barbie theme. As for the invitation. I told her that I will use cardstock instead of photo paper. I always believe that invitation make an impression on what kind of party you will have. Below is the invitation that I made for her:



It's a two piece invitation and I was able to find this hot pink gross grain ribbon in my box which I bought few years ago and but never been used and so I added it in the card. I also happen to have a spare sticker paper that I used in my previous project, and used it as sticker for the envelope.
We ask all invited guests to bring their own barbie doll to the party, this will be included in the party program.
As for the goodies (loot bag) didn't I mention that she's in a tight budget? so instead of typical plastic and paper bag which cost a little expensive including the toys and candies that you will put in it. I decided to used a take-out box and added some satin ribbon and finished it with polkadot barbie sticker that I made. Inside I put 200 grams assorted candies (it's the same candies that's being sold in SM Malls for Php 50 pesos per 50 grams) I packed the candies in a cellophane bag and sealed it with colored wire before I placed it inside the box. I download the silhouette figure of barbie and ken which I found online, and used it for my sticker.
Here's my finished product ;)




As for the DECORATION, we bought 1 pack of size 12 pink outdoor balloons in Divisoria (about 100 pcs per pack). There are two types of balloons one is for indoor and the other one is for outdoor, and since the party is going to be held at my cousins backyard, I asked them to buy the
one for outdoor. From 100 pcs balloons I was able to come up with two column balloons which I placed in the stage that we made and the remaining are hang at the center of the party area using nylon cord.
The stage background is made of black trash bag which I found in our kitchen cabinet and added some foil wrapper that is cut into small pieces for sparkling effect.
I also made some party flag using gift wrapper and colored paper (art paper). The party flag is a combination of polka dot black and white wrapper (in a smaller and bigger dot) and 2 shade of pink art paper (a darker and a lighter one).
I also hang some tissue paper pompom that I made in the food area in shades of pink and light pink. I made 3 large and 4 medium size pompoms and hang them from the window using nylon cord in various lenght. I also added a HAPPY BIRTHDAY banner (used from a previous party) and hang it underneath.


For the FOOD, it was my younger sister who cooked the entire food for the party. And since we do have serving dish, we used that and placed the food in it to make it more presentable. I used the zebra print cloth and hot pink table runner (which we used in Ysia's party last august) in the food table.
We served Ice cream cups (Dan Erics) hotdog sandwich and fries for the kids. For adults, my sister cooked some menudo, pininyahang manok and fried chicken. Egg sandwich, sapin-sapin and pancit malabon were also part of the menu.
As for the CAKE, my eldest sister bought a simple chocolate cake from Red Ribbon as gift to the celebrant. My cousin (the celebrant's mom) on the other hand bought 3 packs of choco cups (brand of ready made cupcake) as addition to the cake. My younger sister made a pink frosting for the cupcake and added some candy sprinkle. As a finishing touched I placed some cupcake topper that I made using paper board and flower beads.
Below is the photo:


For additional treat I made a doll box out of our old Television box and painted it using latex paint that we bought for 40 pesos for a small quarts. The doll box was a hit!
Here's the photo of the celebrant inside the box:


For the party program, there were 7 candles, 7 dolls and 7 lollipops. I personally bought the dolls in Divisoria for Php 10 pesos per piece ($ 0.23) I added some pink feather and put it around the shoulder of the dolls. The feather is a recycled material from Ysia's party that I used around the cupcake tower last August. Lollipops and candle are also bought in Divisoria.




There is also a dance number by some of the guests. We had games such as: Find Your Ken, Stop Dance, Bring Me and Find the Celebrant's Name Under the Table. The party will not be complete without "Breaking clay pots" (more like a pinyata) and Pabitin (Lattice of Goodies) .





































































No comments: