Pageviews past week

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Purple day...

My Niece Ysia turned 4 last August 6, 2011. Planning the entire party for her is a little bit tough, since she has this do's and don't when it comes to her party. She doesn't have any particular favorite character like the other kids do, so that idea alone is quite tough. However, what we did is to incorporate the entire party on the things that she loves. And that include girls stuff like cosmetics, accessories and nail polish. Of course, she wants her party to be in purple that's her MAJOR rule.



Goody bags:

Since it's an intimate celebration, I decided to used takeout boxes for her goody bag. I simply love using it since it's easy to decorate plus it doesn't take too much item to fill it up. I put assorted purple candies inside in which we bought at SM Supermarket.




Cookies:

As part of the treat for the kids, we bought assorted cookies in cosmetic shape. Ysia loves it, the moment she saw it on the table. Even the adults were amazed. I packed the cookies individually in a cellophane bag and added a ribbon and tag. I also placed it in a clear bowl with shredded purple tissue paper that I bought in National Bookstore. I made the tag using plain white paper board and the spare gift wrapper that I used on the goody bag.



Cake:

Ysia wants her cake in purple, so we decided to made it customized. We came up with nail polish cake design for her. We even requested to put 4 ml on the side of the bottle, since its her 4th birthday.



Banner:

I love making birthday banners, its inexpensive and it plays a major role in your dessert table. I used gift wrapper and cartolina that I bought in National Bookstore and came up with this:




Other treats:


Who will ever thought that a regular quake and cream-O cake bar that you usually saw in local supermarket will make a big difference in your dessert table?... We bought two packs of each items and alternately put in a big purple and placed it in a big white tray, we also added cocktail toothpick on it to make it a little extra special.


We also have lollipop mallows as an alternative to those big and expensive lollipops that we bought at SM Supermarket for 20.00 pesos per piece. I also added purple ribbon and sticker on it and then I placed it in a recycled box which I covered with gift wrapper and shredded tissue paper.


Also, check out the napkin ring that I made using gift wrapper:


And since we love taking pictures, I made this purple tree background using photoshop and have it printed on tarpaulin.

The birthday celebrant enjoying her BIG day :)



No comments: